Download our Employee Benefits
Compliance Survival Guide
Get Organized for the Year
Keeping up with the everchanging Employee Benefits rules, regulations and deadlines and being prepared for potential DOL and IRS audits is challenging.
Let us help you stay organized and compliant with our Compliance Survival Guide, our compilation of checklists, templates and information summaries.
Prepared by our in-house Senior Compliance Consultant, who is also an attorney, our Compliance Survival Guide includes:
Summary and overview:
- ACA – Affordable Care Act
- ERISA – Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- COBRA – Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act
- HIPAA – Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
- HITECH – Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act
- Other legal requirements
- Cafeteria Plan (IRC Section 125)
- Other applicable IRC Requirements
Checklists for your health renewal plan:
- Grandfathered plan status
- ACA’s PHSA mandates
- ACA affordability and minimum value standards
- ACA’s OOP max
- ACA’s preventive care requirements
- FSA contribution limits
- HDHP / HSA limits
- ERISA plan amendments
Checklists for required notices and disclosures:
- Overview of each requirement
- Rules for electronic delivery
- Sample consent and notices
This resource is updated annually to reflect changes in guidance and best practices. To receive the most recent version of the Guide, click here to begin receiving our email.
To enhance your experience, we recommend engaging one of our knowledgeable Employee Benefits / Human Resources Consultants to guide you through the compliance journey. At Valent Group, we walk clients through this guide step by step throughout the year to help keep them informed, on track and on time. In addition, our clients are set up with fully customized compliance audit technology to further monitor, organize and remind companies of their overall compliance obligations.
To connect with our compliance team, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This compliance guide is not intended to be exhaustive nor should any discussion or opinions be construed as legal advice. Contact legal counsel for legal advice.