The CDC recently issued a media statement with resources to help local and state governments as well as businesses and community organizations to open as safely as possible.
Included is guidance on the Opening Up America Again plan which is a 3-phase approach to opening local economies based on advice from public health experts. The 3 phases include:
- Phase 1 – Proposed Gating Criteria requiring the following before proceeding to a phased comeback:
- Downward trajectory of influenza-like illnesses reported within a 14-day period and downward trajectory of COVID-like syndromic cases reported within the 14-day period
- Downward trajectory of documented cases within a 14-day period or downward trajectory of positive tests as a percent of total tests within a 14-day period.
- Treat all patients without crisis care and robust testing program in place for at-risk healthcare workers, including emerging antibody testing
- Phase 2 – Core Preparedness Responsibilities
- Testing and contact tracing
- Healthcare system capacity
- Phase 3 – Proposed Phased Approach
- Based on up-to-date data and readiness
- Mitigates the risk of resurgence
- Protects the most vulnerable
- Implementable on statewide or county-by-county basis at the governor’s discretion
Also included is a second set of resources addressing health considerations to be used by:
- Summer camps
- Schools and childcare
- Youth sports organizations
- Institutes of higher education
- Restaurants and bars
Because every locale is different, the decisions and strategies are to be implanted based on the state and local conditions. Remember to check your local COVID-19 conditions regularly. These can usually be found on your county or state health department website.
Please contact a Valent Group risk consultant if you have questions.
|Check out our COVID-19 Resource Center for more resources and information.|
Also, visit your insurance carrier’s website and if you belong to a professional organization, check their website as well.